- Updated on: 31st December 2021
When it comes to NHS pay rise in Scotland, the Scotland Government offered a 4% pay rise for its NHS staff. The move comes after the Scottish Government recognized the huge pressure on NHS staff and longer working hours during the pandemic.
The biggest uplift since devolution is to benefit 154,000 NHS staff including NHS nurses, paramedics, domestic staff, porters, health care support staff, frontline health workers and other aligned NHS professionals. It is the biggest uplift as compared to the 3% pay rise offered to England.
Considering a 4% pay rise, The NHS staff with the lowest pay point will receive a 5.4% pay increase while those with the highest pay point will receive £800 pay uplifts.
What is the Scotland NHS pay rise for Band 1 to 9?
- The pay uplifts offered by the Scottish Government for NHS Scotland pay bands are as follows:
- From NHS pay band Scotland 1 to 4 - Pay rise of £1,009
- From NHS pay band Scotland 5 to 7 - Pay rise of 4%
- From NHS pay band Scotland 8a to 8c - Pay rise of 2%
- From NHS pay band Scotland of 8d to 9 - Pay rise of £800
Did Unions vote in favor of the NHS deal offered to NHS staff in Scotland?
Yes, the deal is accepted by the majority of unions, seven out of nine unions voted to accept the deal. Most of the NHS staff were in favor of the NHS pay deal. The below is the list of unions that voted to accept the NHS offer:
- College of Podiatrists - Voted in the favor of NHS pay deal
- British Dietetic Association - Voted against it
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy - Voted in the favor of the NHS pay deal
- GMB - Voted against the offer
- RCM - Voted in the favor of the NHS pay deal
- RCN - Voted against the offer
- Society of Radiographers - Voted in the favor of the NHS pay deal
- UNISON - Voted in the favour of the NHS pay deal
- Unite - Voted in the favor of the NHS pay deal
Changes for NHS Staff pay Scotland 2022
- NHS Porter at the top pay point will receive a pay rise of over £2,028 more
- Health care assistants at the top of pay Band 3 will receive a pay rise over £2,211 more.
- Healthcare support workers on top of Band 4 pay points will receive an increase of over £1,583.
- Band 5 ward nurses at the top of the pay point will receive £1,994 more.
- Paramedics at the top of pay Band 6 with the highest pay point will receive a pay rise of £2,467.
- Advanced nurse practitioners with the highest pay point of Band 7 will receive a rise of £2,898.
NHS Scotland pay rise Nicola Sturgeon Statement
Nicola Sturgeon in a statement said she is delighted that the majority of the unions representing the NHS have voted to accept the offer of a pay rise of 4% on average. She said we rely on the hard work and dedication of NHS Scotland, and never more so during the pandemic.