- / Posted on: 14th August 2021
The Test and Trace support payment of £500 is eligible to people who have low incomes and who have to self-isolate due to covid-19|. This is for people who are employed or self-employed, cannot work from home, and will lose their earnings as a result. The Test and Trace support payment is only eligible to people who have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace. The NHS will do this by notifying the person by NHS Covid app or if the person is a parent or guardian of a child who has been told to self-isolate.
Who can get £500 covid payment grant?
- Firstly if you have been told to self-isolate by Test and Trace of NHS
- If you have been notified by an NHS app to self-isolate.
- The self-isolation can be either due to a person testing positive or he was in contact with the person who has been tested positive.
- If a person is employed or self-employed.
- If it is not possible to work from home and will lose earnings and income as a result.
- If you are a parent or a guardian of a child who has been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace.
How can one apply for an NHS Test and Trace?
- The NHS Test and Trace is run by the local councils, If you are eligible you can apply through local councils.
- What are the documents needed to apply for an NHS Test and Trace?
- NHS Test and Trace Account ID - CTAS Number
- Bank Statement
- Employment proof, If self-employed then evidence of self-assessment returns
- If the person is a parent or guardian then he will need to provide an NHS Test and Trace Account ID of his/her child.
Read more in detail here, to get the complete information